Tuesday, May 26, 2009

More Uchisar and the White Valley

This terrain is really amazing. It seems like an impossible, other worldly environment. Considering that people lived in all of these "Fairy Chimneys" I guess you could say that it is like another world.

Many people still live in these places, but they tend to want to have indoor plumbing and electricity. Imagine that! But the tuft is still impressive.



Now, many of the fairy chimneys are used to raise pigeons. One of the books says that they are raised for the droppings, which make good fertilizer. Personally, I think that they are raised for the squabs.




This is the inside of one of the houses. This one is pretty tall - many of them I have to squat to get into. When I get down to the undergournd city, you will see some REALLY small spaces. I think that many tourists freak-out when they get underground. I was not too happy myself, but mainly because I was duck-walking for about 200 m. Yipes! Not too much fun.


Kocabag is the big winery in Cappadocia. We bought some, and enjoyed it. They even gave us a Kocabag bag to carry the wine home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment